COMMERCIAL AND DETAILED JOINERY
Detailed Joinery Software.
In order to fully appreciate what detailed joinery is and how to best handle the design of truly unique objects and then get them through the manufacturing process, we would like to define the three product types, which need to be considered for detailed joinery software.
- Standard cabinets – These products are usually catalogue items, which are defined by code numbers and may be easily adjusted in Height, Width and Depth before being run to the machine. These products are processed by QuickCAM rapidly and accurately.
- Customised cabinets – These products are also catalogue items but require a substantial level of customisation to meet with market requirements. Possible customisation includes construction methods, structural changes, variable corner angles, materials, door types, partitions, lighting and the inclusion of accessories such as internal drawers. These products can be rapidly customised and processed quickly and accurately by QuickCAM, in minutes, without relying on time consuming drawing methods, which slow the production down.
- Completely unique product designs – These products cannot be modified from an existing cabinet design or drawn on a normal kitchen design program and, for the sake of accuracy, must be created from scratch usually using a program like AutoCAD. These products are processed by QuickCAM rapidly and accurately.
AutoCAD created product processed in QuickCAM
In the case of a product which has been originated in AutoCAD, the complete job is then imported into QuickCAM for processing. Take cabinet data direct from an open AutoCAD drawing file to QuickCAM machining. QuickCAM Detailing and QuickCAM Machining link directly with AutoCAD with no need for fumbling around creating hundreds of separate DXF files to read into an outdated machining post.
QuickCAM manages the import and applies automated tooling information and toolpaths for the whole job.
Click link to learn more about QuickCAM and AutoCAD
- Product data can be passed between AutoCAD and QuickCAM as a single DWG file
- One single DWG file can contain all the data for a full project
- No more individual and time consuming DXF files
- Products created in QuickCAM can be customised in AutoCAD and then returned
- Products created in AutoCAD can be processed in QuickCAM for Machining
- QuickCAM applies automated toolpath management
Export to QuickCAM from any source
QuickCAM Advanced Machining is a powerful engine-room capable of converting complex designs of any product you can imagine and from any source you choose into the technical data required to direct a machine.
QuickCAM can import various data types such as CSV files, DXF and DWG drawing files and from multiple sources such as AutoCAD, Cabinet Vision and Microvellum. In addition, data can be sourced from a web based order entry system, your clients MRP/ERP system or simply from a spreadsheet.
Jobs on your existing design program can go to your machine
Once the data is a job inside QuickCAM then the automation begins. Using a comprehensive default system QuickCAM establishes material and hardware types and quantities, accurate job costings are calculated down to the smallest detail incorporating every single function of the CNC and other manual functions in the manufacturing process. Fully detailed reports are created regarding the job and production data is prepared ready to run to the machine.